- ABOUT US
- CLOUD SERVICES
- SOS PRINT
- CONTACT US
Order/Sales Terms & Conditions
Smiths Office Technology Pty Ltd (ABN: 49 001 892 566)
TERMS AND AGREEMENTS OF SALE
The use of the Smiths Office Technology website is governed by the terms and agreement set forth below. Your use of the website indicate acceptance of this terms and conditions. Smiths Office Technology reserves the right to make changes to this website and the terms and conditions at any time without any prior notice. Smiths Office Technology is a service provider to the website and is also referred to as ‘us’, ‘SOS’, ‘vendor’, ‘we’. The customer is the individual or organisation who is using the website and its services, it is also referred to ‘you’, ‘customers’.
• In Stock = We have product in stock.
• Order Only = Not in stock, special order to be placed with our supplier, may take 2-5 days average turnaround time to reach our warehouse. It is also subject to availability at our supplier.
• Out Of Stock = Stock is temporarily unavailable from the supplier until further notice.
• All advertised products with the availability status ‘In Stock and ‘On Special’ are subject to “while stock last”. No guarantees of stock allocation until we confirm your order has been picked and scanned.
• Item availability and prices can fluctuate and subject to change without notice. You can contact us on (02) 6025 6322 for latest information.
• Any order containing an Order Only item has to have at least a minimum of 25% deposit paid before we can place an order with our supplier.
2. RETURNS, REFUNDS AND WARRANTY
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
• Customers must first apply for a Return Authorisation (RA) Request on our website before returning any product. In the case where access to our website is not available, customer can always contact our support team by calling (02) 6025 6322 to obtain the return authorisation number. When returning a product, it must be returned with the RA number and address details clearly visible outside the packaging. Product returned without an RA number will be rejected. Any returns outside of warranty claims, are subject to our prior approval.
• Please select your goods carefully before placing your order or ask for our written advice by placing a product inquiry before purchasing as we do not accept returns for refunds, credit or exchanges based on change of mind, incorrectly ordered, incompatible or unsuitable goods. Returns under this category will be at Smiths Office Solutions’ discretion and may attract a restocking fee which is fixed at the current market value less 10%.
• We reserve the right to reject any returns unless goods are returned to us in its original packaging and complete accessories. Returns of products that have been dropped/damaged/modified/tampered/manufacturer labels removed will not be accepted. Goods that have already been opened are subject to our testing and approval and may require additional time to process.
• If goods received are not as per ordered, please inform Smiths Office Solutions within 24 hours of receiving the delivery, do not open any packaging or use the goods as it will be deemed an acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for return. Smiths Office Solutions may pack non retail boxed items using re-used packaging materials for added protection.
• All products sold by Smiths Office Solutions carry a full manufacturer warranty. Smiths Office Solutions will process all warranty claims with the manufacturer on behalf of customers unless the manufacturer has a direct warranty option to the customer. Some products do offer an extended limited warranty which customers may require registration with the manufacturer. In the event of a manufacturer or supplier closure, we will endeavour to fulfil our warranty commitments however we can not guarantee the outcome.
• Any product returned for a warranty claim, depending on its age and availability, will generally be repaired, replaced with new or refurbished, upgraded or refunded by the manufacturers.
• Warranty is provided solely on products sold by Smiths Office Solutions. Other faulty products used in conjunction that are not purchased from Smiths Office Solutions will not be covered under warranty.
• Any product sold by Smiths Office Solutions is meant to be professionally installed (where applicable); improper installation is NOT covered under warranty. Please seek a professional assistance if required, to avoid paying any unnecessary cost for replacement or repair.
• Warranty will be void for any non-manufacturing defects, if the item is found to be mishandled, modified, tampered, abused, physically damaged, improperly installed and used, or damaged caused by power surges, electrical faults and lightning strikes. Products returned that show evidence of user induced damage, tampering or modification, will be denied.
• Under the Return to Base warranty policy, all shipping charges for any product returned to Smiths Office Solutions incurred in a warranty claim will be at the expense of the customer. Smiths Office Solutions will only pay for the return freight to the customer, except for rejected warranty, non faulty returns or bulky items older than six months from date of invoice.
• Warranty must be properly packaged in the condition acceptable by the vendor. (please provide original packaging if possible or adequate safe packaging as insufficient safe packaging that caused physical damage will result in warranty being voided)
• All prices quoted on our website are inclusive of GST, but does not include delivery, and is based on payment by either Paypal, Direct Deposit or Credit Card. Credit card payment will incur 2% surcharge for VISA/MasterCard and 4% for Diners/AMEX cards.
• All products advertised do not include the cost for any installation or troubleshooting compatibility issues. If you require assistance on installation/troubleshooting, this will be charged at our standard labour charge of $143/hour including GST.
• As errors and omissions may occur, pricing, product information and availability is not final until it has been confirmed by Smiths Office Solutions staff either by email, phone or in person.
• Price matching/discounting is only at Smiths Office Solutions’ discretion as other competitors may not offer the same exact product, have stock, or offer the same warranty and service support as we do.
• All prices are subject to change without notice. By placing the order, the customer has agreed to pay the prices as listed on the order form at the time the order was originally submitted. However we reserve the right to increase/reduce the price for items that are not in stock (stock with order only status) at the time of ordering as final/latest pricing can only be confirmed at the time of purchase from our supplier. For all other items that are in stock or order that is already completed, the price will remain as is, we will not offer rebate or reimbursement of price differences in this situation.
4. SALES TAX
• All of our advertised prices are already inclusive of GST.
• We are registered to collect GST on behalf of ATO. Our ABN no is 49 001 892 566. GST components (10% Goods and Services Tax) are shown per individual item on our invoices.
• You are not required to give your ABN number when purchasing products from us unless you are a Government, Education or Corporate customer.
• Smiths Office Solutions owns the copyright and trademarks to all our intellectual properties which include the words Smiths Office Solutions, its website and logo. Any person/business entity who use it without our prior written consent will be deemed as breaching the copyright law and we will seek legal claims.
• Manufacturer’s images, trademarks and links used within our websites are reserved copyrights and trademarks of their respective owners.
• All original images as well as links are used to allow more up-to-date and accurate information to be passed onto the visitor’s of this website. If customer do find there is any product or images that is inaccurate we will be appreciative if they let us know as we endeavour to correct it immediately.
• We do not own or publish the contents of the information within the links, we are only acting as a reseller of the products.
6. SHIPPING & INSURANCE
• All prices listed for each product on the website are for cash and pick-up payment, and is not inclusive of any shipping charges or insurance.
• Any freight charges quoted are for shipping only and does not include any insurance cover. Customer is encouraged to take up insurance if they wish to protect themselves against any damage/loss items in transits.
• Smiths Office Solutions does not process and ship orders to an overseas address.
• All shipping addresses must have complete contact details that can be verified by a phone number.
• We do not ship orders to a third party, unless Smiths Office Solutions can fully verify all the addresses and contact details.
• Delivery to work or non residential addresses must be accompanied with full verifiable details such as company name, address, phone number and contact name.
• The customer is responsible to be available for delivery and to sign and accept the goods, redelivery attempts may cost extra and may be passed on to customer if delivery address is unattended.
• Redirection of your delivery is available at an extra cost and must be firstly authorised through Smiths Office Solutions as non authorised redirection will incur hefty charges and will forfeit any insurance claims for loss or damage.
• In the event of a refund, any shipping and insurance charges are not refundable unless it is genuinely our fault.
• The customer is responsible for all extra freight charges, which include redelivery, redirection, refused shipments and incorrectly given delivery details.
• Shipping charges are calculated by using a combination of cubic size and dead weight. AusPost is our preferred shipping method; a 22Kg limit applies for each carton.
• Goods shipped are packed with adequate protective packing materials, as a result, this may increase the size and weight, however, the risk of damage is minimised greatly.
• All claims for damage/theft must be filed with Smiths Office Solutions. If goods received seem to have damaged packaging, do not open any original packaging or use the item as it will be deemed as an acceptance of goods and will not be accepted for returns. All original boxes and packing material must be returned to us for proof of evidence. All claims for shortages/incorrect shipment/incorrect billing must be made within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
• Smiths Office Solutions will not be held responsible for goods lost or arrived damaged if customers use their own courier.