SOS is a company which specialises in supply and servicing of office technology solutions comprising of hardware and software to automate your office processes. We take pride in being focussed on quality and affordability whilst tailoring our solutions to meet your specific needs.
The key areas where you can benefit from our experience, products and services are;
- Copying and printing in Black & White and Colour
- Document scanning from single pages to millions of documents
- Cloud Based Solutions for Desktop As a Service (DaaS), Document Management & Business Workflows
- Converting hardcopy documents to editable electronic files
- Converting paper based filing to electronically stored documents to clear office space and speed up the process of finding your records
- Postage management hardware and software to reduce postage costs and time taken to manage outbound mail
- Small office equipment such as faxes, printers, shredders, laminators, binders, folding machines and guillotines
SOS was founded in Albury NSW in 1979 as Smiths Office Machines Pty Ltd by Bob Smith with a staff of three. Since that time we have built our reputation on supplying affordable high quality solutions and expanded to include a branch office in Wagga Wagga and manage National Service Contracts.
In 2004, after 10 years away from the company, Glenn Smith came back into the business as Managing Director and rebranded the company as SOS with a broader focus on technology solutions. Glenn has over 20 years experience in office equipment and 8 years experience in business consulting focussed on process re-engineering to deliver time and money savings. This experience has allowed us to deliver more seamless solutions and develop partnerships with leading technology companies around the globe.
At the beginning, Smiths were appointed as the only authorised Toshiba photocopier sales and service agent to cover a large geographic area encompassing Northern Victoria and South Central NSW. SOS is still the authorised Toshiba agent in this area but have also added partnerships with companies such as Pitney Bowes, InoTec (Scamax Scanners), Zeutschel, Samsung, Avision, Mekel, ABBYY, Digitech and Image Access.
Through our continued growth and experience we consistently deliver quality solutions to an ever expanding client base ranging from small business to large companies and government departments.
2020 marked another milestone for the company with the 3rd generation of the Smith’s family joining the SOS team, Glenn’s daughter Madison Smith joined the sales team and is learning all the ins and outs of the business.